Photobucket

Friday, March 18, 2011

A Tussie Mussie? What is it?

Sometimes we just want to do something very special for someone to express our feeling. We have lost the art of making a Tussie Mussie. It is historically a Victorian bridal bouquet but it can be arranged for any occasion. Look at this one found on http://www.bhg.com/.

When we make a Tussie Mussie we choose the flowers and herbs carefully to convey a certain message.

Roses mean love in the language of flowers as Basil means love in the language of herbs. Mint is used to represent hospitality in herb language and Anthurium symbolizes hospitality in the language of flowers; Thyme stands for courage in the language of herbs and Rosemary is for remembrance; Statice is the flower of remembrance, Gladiolus represents strength of character and Garlic Chives is for courage in the flower language.

We can create a lavish creation or a small and lovely nosegay to be carried or put into a wonderfully simply vase.

If the bouquet is to be carried we bound the stems with ribbons to complement the flowers, this makes it easy to carry and adds a flourish to the bouquet.

We can say what we want when we speak the language of flowers and herbs.

When I use Lavender, I am telling someone I am happy and devoted to this person; when I use Roses or Myrtle, I am telling someone that I love them and I may use both flowers!

It is special to make an arrangement filled with flowers and herbs that are meant for someone special.

I find it very nice to include a note describing what the individual flowers and herbs represent.

As I always say, if you do not make it special no one else will. Let us celebrate our own specialness and pass it on to someone that is also special.

No comments:

Post a Comment