Photobucket

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

AM I WEARING ROSE COLORED GLASSES?

Buy some here!
I was shopping the other day and I said, "hello" to the cashier, she grunted something that I could not make out.  I looked her when I spoke to her.  She looked at the floor when she had to speak to me.  I thanked her and said, "have a nice day" whereas she ignored me and asked the next person in line, "paper or plastic". 

I know everyone has a bad day every now and then (including me) but is it too much to ask for some basic, common courtesy? It is one of the things that makes society civilized after all.  Do you think I am being too old-fashioned?  I don't.  I don't know if I want to go back to the "old days" (and what does that really entail anyway- is it better or do we tend to fondly remember through rose colored glasses?) or do I subscribe to the thinking of Daffodil in Miss Manner's book and "just want people to behave better nowadays."  Which camp are you in? Do you want to go back to the old days?  What do you think that means?  Or do you want people to simply behave better today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment