Photobucket

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

CONFLICT RESOLUTION

Image Source
"To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable."-- Barry Goldwater

If you remember that you can disagree without being disagreeable you will go a long way in being marvelously well-mannered.  It is hard sometimes, particularly when you are passionate about the topic, or when someone else is going for your jugular.

Just remember to be equally passionate about being marvelously well-mannered.   Sometimes, when it is a discussion that I have to engage in (for work), I pretend I am talking with a close family member whose feelings I would never want to offend.   It really helps me remain respectful and kind.  And when it is a conversation I don't need to have, sometimes I just politely change the subject.  How do you handle everyday, workplace, or personal disagreements?  

No comments:

Post a Comment